8.04.2011

Free Printable: Depths of my Heart

I have fun with this blog. I do. I like projects, and writing about them, and sharing the joy that we have in our home. Lately, though, the Lord's been tugging at my heart to make this blog more than just a place to document our latest projects, because, really, these projects mean nothing in the grand scheme of What Matters in Life. What matters in life, you ask? For us, what matters is building a life together that honors, glorifies, and serves Jesus Christ in everything we do. Despite the fact that I find it incredibly interesting, Jesus cares not about what paint color I choose for the bedroom. But I know that if I use that interest as a vehicle to share His grace and love with people who have a common interest, He will smile. And who doesn't want to make Jesus smile?

I've struggled with this pull, even though I know it's real and I want to be in the center of His will. Instead of obeying, I've questioned: What if, Lord, nobody wants to read about that? What if people mock me? What if people stop following my blog?

It hit me just last night about the problem with this concept of following. Following. I wish I could call it something else. Because frankly, I don't desire for anyone to follow me. There is nothing about me that is better than anyone else, that deserves to be paid attention to more than anyone else. Winning followers for Christ is far more important than earning followers of our house, of the things of this earth. This house and the gifts we've been blessed with are all from the one true God who deserves not just some of the glory and honor and praise for this life and everything in it, but all of it, every day. This stuff isn't meant to be worshiped. This is not to say that I will never discuss our house again. Of course I will! It's my hobby, and there's nothing wrong with that. Home improvement, creating...it's still my thing. Jesus fits here perfectly, in fact, because He will provide the best kind of home improvement, and He was willing to pay for it. :)

Luke 9:23 says, "Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."  There are some scary words in there. Deny myself. My fears, my own ambitions, my personal desires. Daily. No exceptions. Not just on Sundays. Take up a cross.

Follow me.

Follow me.

Follow me.

Okay.

So here's a free printable, my first installment of sharing the love of the Lord in a way that still aligns with the established content of this blog. I won't pretend to be a graphic designer, but I'm pretty sure that the concept of "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord" applies here as well: you don't have to sound like a rock star in order to sing praises to the Lord. Therefore, this printable might not be designer-worthy, but it shares a message that means a lot to me, and if it encourages just one person, then I know I've done the right thing.


Taken from Chris Tomlin's song "Indescribable": "You know the depths of my heart and you love me the same." You love me the same. You know my sin, my fears, my desires, my unspoken thoughts, my weaknesses. You love me the same. No matter where you've been and what you've done, God is a forgiving God and He loves you. He wants the best for you. That kind of unconditional love is unfathomable, but there would be nothing amazing about a God that we could 100% comprehend.

I've included 6 different colors, but if you want to print one and these colors aren't quite right for you, please let me know. I'll happily edit it and send it to you for free.

Also, I've never done this before, so please let me know if chaos ensues and you're having trouble with anything. I think you'll need Adobe Acrobat to view and print them since they are saved as PDFs. 


Click on the links to view each color.

Top row, left to right: Blue & Orange, Yellow & Green, Blue & Green 

Bottom row, left to right: Pink & Orange, Red & Blue, Pink & Blue

Again, please let me know if you are unable to download or open anything OR if my blog makes your computer spontaneously combust because it is in way over its bloggy head and has no idea what it is doing.  :)




"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." 
John 3:16

14 comments :

  1. This is the first time I've been on your blog but I love the honesty of this post. Following God should be the number one thing in all of our lives but sometimes it's so hard! Thanks for being faithful to his call! And thanks for encouraging me.
    And p.s. great print! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't stop following your blog. Love his song...

    From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
    Creation's revealing Your majesty
    From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
    Every creature unique in the song that it sings.

    All of our decorating, projects, and whatever we strive for is ultimately our hearts longing for the perfection He created. Blog your little heart out; it's all for His glory - no matter what.

    And super cute printable! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I printed out the blue and green version. I think it will make a great addition to the wall of my daughter's and my son's room. It would be cool in a frame in the youth group at church! Lots of great places to remind us of God's great everlasting love. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post. Thanks for the reminder and super cute printable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was worried about transitioning my blog from only home stuff to more life stuff..but then I remembered that I blog to entertain myself...entertaining others is just a bonus.

    I also hate the word "follower". I also have trouble when people want you to follow their blog on giveaways, etc. I get it but I really only want people to read if they want to..if that makes sense.

    Keep on being you! Jesus loving won't scare me away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanna8/04/2011

    Your bravery for stepping out in God's direction...that is something I can "follow".

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I was raised in a Christian home, and appreciate the foundation and values that instilled, I no longer actively go to church. That said, I appreciate your devotion, and will to continue to follow your blog. It's refreshing to read a blog by a fellow young adult who's willing to stand up for what they believe in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats one thing I have always struggled with wanting to go into the creative field, knowing that material things aren't eternal. But.... KNOWING God put these talents and desires in me FOR A REASON helps push away doubt about continuing on my career path. And of course, it's always encouraging to see others bravely doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen Erin...Amen!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rachel8/06/2011

    You could always use the word 'reader' instead of 'follower'. I can't 'follow' your blog...it doesn't go anywhere, it just chills on my computer screen (unless I carry the laptop around...then I suppose I 'follow' it...:-P) But read it I definitely do...a lot...and I have got other people to do the same.

    God has given you a gift, my friend...several actually. Creativity, a way with words and a loving and caring soul to name a few. Don't worry, I may not be the world's most religious person (the only time I really went to church was when I spent a Saturday night at your house), but I will definitely still be a 'reader'.

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is awesome! It's so funny because I JUST made an art print of one of the verses read at our wedding. I am so happy to have found your blog, and so encouraged by your faith! Your print looks amazing, and what a great reminder of God's love! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog through The Mustard Ceiling. I love your wacky sense of humor, and your acknowledgement that God is the source of our creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just came over here from your guest post on The Mustard Ceiling today. Thank you for incorporating the Lord into your blog! I look forward to continuing to see how He is honored in your home as you use this blog as an outlet to express the creativity HE has given you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog and all your beautiful scripture printables! i'm using them in my project life/journaling book...you are such a blessing and may God bless you as much as you are blessing the lives of so many others through your creations! hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...