1.03.2013

Simple Centerpiece: Citrus & Pinecones

The best things in life are furry. The second best things are edible. The third best things are free. My simple five-second citrus and pinecone centerpiece has the potential to be all of these things.

citrus centerpiece

It was basically free (best thing #3). Also, much of it is edible (best thing #2), although 9.81/10 people reported duodenal discomfort following the consumption of pinecones and glass. Furthermore, eating said centerpiece will obviously compromise its status as a centerpiece. But we’re going with it.

pinecone centerpiece

And as far as best thing #1: it will be furry if the clementines sit there long enough. It shall grow mold, and then I shall discover a new bacteria in it, and then I shall become famous and change the world, and then I shall win a Nobel Prize for my work and gads of important people shall throw around words like staphylococci and lysozome in my presence and I shall know exactly what they are talking about.

easy centerpiece

Has that already been done?

simple centerpiece

If so, here’s something that won’t win any awards but is furry.

DSC_0881

No smart comments about whether I meant the cat or the comforter. I clearly meant the comforter. ;)

What are some the best things in life to you? Who thinks Alexander Fleming probably discovered penicillin when a forgotten centerpiece he blogged about went awry? Yeah, me too.

15 comments :

  1. You're funny! I actually love the centrepiece. I would pet your comforter - but not sure it would purr back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fleming was totally into centerpieces. I bet he would have totally been a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRESH CLEAN LOOKING CENTERPIECE,I LIKE IT!
    COMFORTERS ARE ALWAYS MORE COMFORTING WITH A LITTLE KITTY FUR ON THEM,;] !
    THANKS FOR THE LAUGH :>!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and simple centerpiece and great witty post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that centerpiece...and that kitty! So adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, gotta agree furry things are the best! But my cats are definitely going to use that photo as proof that they should be allowed to take over my bed ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours consistently make me wake up drenched in sweat because they sleep ON me in the winter. It’s a good thing they’re so cute. ;)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous1/04/2013

    You mean there is still hope for that moldy I-have-no-idea-what-it-is-anymore in the back of my fridge? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It could be something glamorous and mind-blowing. ;)

      Delete
  8. Anonymous1/04/2013

    Love, love, LOVE this post! I love logging on in the morning and seeing that you have emailed an update - I know I'm going to read a laugh!

    One of my favorite things is finding an original painting that someone has left on the curb for the trash pick up - yep, it's true. I've actually found 3 framed paintings that I have hanging in my home just like that. In addition, I have found 5 other original paintings that I have sold that weren't my style - one of them was of Jimi Hendrix! Folks are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone knows Fleming had a killer design eye and could style a mantel with the best of 'em. The centerpiece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. You are hilarious.
    The centerpiece looks great =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Furry things rank pretty high but can I just say that quiet things are my favourite today. The kids just went back to school and I'm luxuriating in the sound of silence. The best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cat is exceptionally cute and furry and fluffy. I kind of want to reach through the screen to pet him or her. And lovely, simple centerpiece! Oranges smell so good. And pinecones are kind-of my favorite. Is it weird to love pinecones? I don't think so. Okay, maybe a little. But they are super pretty and rustic for decorating.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...