My childhood was spent doing primarily three things:
- Playing with dolls.
- Reading while playing with dolls.
Yes, I was the girl who lovingly maintained every strand of hair, carefully folded each pint-sized outfit. I was the girl who spent her afternoons inventing and reinventing storylines and adventures. I was the girl who had to take away all dolls when her little sister came along because she made their hair look like a rat’s nest, causing me to just about keel over and die on the spot. Barbies, porcelain dolls, American Girl dolls, paper dolls…all near and dear to my heart. Proof:
I grew up to be the girl who owns the Everyday Paper Dolls and Paper Doll Dress-Up Cricut cartridges. The problem is, they’re collecting dust. However, I have enough scrapbook paper and cardstock to feed a small country, if said small country was prone to nourishing itself with paper products. So what’s a girl to do? Ooh I know! Offer to make other people some custom paper dolls.
Side note: Are paper dolls even a thing anymore? Erm, I don’t know? I fully expect like one person to enter this giveaway. Good thing that’s all I need. :)
I recently made this set for the daughter of one of my longtime friends and had so much fun mixing and matching different pieces and creating little accessories. (Yes, this is what I do on Saturday nights. I’m just that cool.) The two dolls are designed to be her and her not-yet-born little-sister. Do you like how I’ve decided what the baby will grow up to look like?
- To enter, use the Rafflecoptor widget below. (ps-the word “widget” is weird. Sounds like wedgie, only widget. Phew, I had to get that off my chest.)
- One person will win two 5” cardstock paper dolls customized (hair style and color, skin tone, hobbies, favorite colors, etc.) to the two people of their choice. For example, you could choose to have dolls made that looks like your daughter and her friend, or your daughter and your other daughter, or your daughter and Joe Biden, etc. I can also make them without tabs if you wanted to frame them instead, like if you wanted them made to look like you and your husband, or you and a friend/sibling/parent/distant relative/complete stranger/creeper etc. (You can view all of the options for hairstyles and outfits here and here.) The dolls will each come with three outfits of your choice.
- You’ll have to give me your address so I can mail the finished products to you. I promise I’m not a weirdo who will show up at your house and lurk outside your door in a Buick station wagon with tinted windows. (This is partly because I don’t think Buick station wagons can have tinted windows. It’s like a violation of some unwritten Cool code.)
- This giveaway is open to US residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Even if you don’t enter the giveaway…what are your childhood doll memories? Were you the one who lovingly dressed them each day, or did you cut their hair and color all over them with markers? If you cut off your dolls’ hair, we can still be friends, but I have to go use my inhaler first because I hyperventilate just thinking about it.