8.08.2012

Zoe, the Painting Prodigy

Remember how in the Aristocats there is that kitten who can paint pictures?

aristocats-toulouseSource

And remember how you always saw that and were totally amazed but like, “Nah, that can only happen in Disney movies,” sort of like everything else that you saw in Disney movies?

Well, prepare to be truly amazed. Because Rick and I have raised a painting prodigy. And she is a cat. And she is not from a Disney movie.

DSC_0767

As with most prodigies, Zoe’s talents were evident at a young age. Just look at her impeccable form.

DSC_1249

We knew that she was basically the Ryan Lochte of the cat painter world, but it wasn’t until this past weekend that we realized that she was actually more like the Michael Phelps of the cat painter world. Because this past weekend, while we were painting the dining room, she created her own very first painting.

On the kitchen floor.

With her tail.

I’d like to see you do that.

DSC_0931

Just look at the graceful arcs and purposeful dashes of her art. She obviously has an eye for contrast and repetition.

DSC_0938

I’m calling this one “Smear, Reinterpreted.”

DSC_0940

Move over, Mona.

the next mona lisa

Move over, Leo.

zoe da vinci

This cat is about to take the art world by storm with her dedication, perseverance, and sleepless nights spent training.

DSC_0881

zoe the painterAnd shucks. We couldn’t be more proud.

23 comments :

  1. i think she needs an accent over the e, so she can be pronounced zo-ay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lol! That is so fabulous; what a prodigy. Too bad it is on your beautiful hardwood floors, otherwise you may have been able to frame it and enjoy it forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually on our kitchen plywood subfloor that replaced the stinky carpet that formerly lived there, so no real harm done. It adds character until we can put down real flooring. ;)

      Delete
  3. 1. I think it's time you head back to school. That movie poster sealed the deal on that one. ;)

    2. What an artistic cat. You all must be proud parents!!

    3. Ike "draws" on our living room window with his nose. Dogs. He's more like the Matthew Grevers of the animal painting world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahah I swear the poster only took me 10 minutes. Okay, maybe 15. 20 minutes tops. This is what summer vacation is for. ;)

      Delete
  4. I hope you frame this masterpiece and display it proudly! Years ago my cat, Sam, dipped his paw into the paint tray, and then shook that paw, as cats are known to do. It was like a Jackson Pollack painting all over the walls and floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shucks! If only she's smeared it on some pretty red paper. Then you could frame it and put it on your master bedroom. Maybe next time?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! I can't wait until she starts her own Etsy shop so I can buy a painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha......

    Bill has taken to smearing nose wetness all over the glass in the french doors. Here I thought it was naughty behavior, but maybe he's just trying to express himself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you have a good sense of humor about it! It's truly a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Aristocats! Blast from the past! Also please let Zoe know I would like to commission a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this whole post, but I think the movie poster is my favorite part. Go Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha here's hoping Justin Biebs doesn't sue her for ripping off his poster. ;)

      Delete
  11. LOL! She's brilliant! I think you should get her an easel for Christmas this year. Really cultivate that talent!

    Our pup could probably take her though- she's a known nose smear artist. I sense an animal art showoff in the future.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. A feline GENUS!! My cat walked all over some wet cabinet doors and left paw prints in the garage, and the following day she jumped onto a freshly painted window sill and proceeded to leave a white trail though the whole house! Thank goodness painted cat prints come up with Clorox wipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an artist you have on your hands! She could work at street fairs! Did she make those masterpieces on the floors?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, oh my gosh -- so, so funny. She is quite the talented kitty! Where can I get a painter-cat?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I can only imagine what will happen if you and Rick decide to ever have children. Look out world!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol omg that movie poster in the end killed me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Her eye for texture... the quality of the brush strokes... she is a GENIUS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's truly amazing! My cats are artistic also - in the numerous cat gaks they leave all over! Such detail - texture - smellavision!

    Zoe is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I die....love this!!! What raw talent:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAHAHA...I am cracking up over here...and she is TOO CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers, so don't be shy. :) Thanks for being here!

Want to read more?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...