I’ve been wanting to do another giveaway for a while now, but was unsure what to do…until the fateful day about a month ago when one of my students approached me with—you guessed it—a fundraiser magazine.
She recommended the microwaveable bacon pan.
I balked at the 5 oz. of jelly beans for $21.99.
I was writing my rejection speech in my head when I turned the page and saw a reasonable purchase: a subscription to a magazine! Now, there was a fundraising investment that I could get behind. I immediately noticed the This Old House listing, because even though we already have a subscription, I thought it would be a great giveaway for my fellow DIYing bloggy friends and readers.
This Old House is the one and only magazine that both Rick and I enjoy, because it’s full of projects that require power tools and muscles as well as inspiring ideas for DIY decorating. You don’t even need to own an old house for the articles to be relevant. Here’s a sample from a recent issue:
- 10 new household uses for rubber bands (They do this every month! Vodka was the item of choice the previous month…)
- A 5-page “All About” section on kitchen islands (Also a monthly feature—one time it was windows, another time it was vinyl flooring—super helpful and informative)
- Before & after room makeovers on a budget
- Handmade holiday décor ideas
- Making a wine rack from a planter box
- How to install wainscoting
- The Top 100 Best New Home Products, as chosen by TOH
- …and lots more!
If you already have a subscription, that’s okay too…you can always give it someone else who would also find it helpful!
TO ENTER TO WIN A ONE-YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS OLD HOUSE MAGAZINE:
1. Leave a comment on this post. Make sure you include an email (either via your Blogger profile or in the comment itself) so that I can contact you if you win. Just for fun, you could also share: Are you an old house or new house person? What alternative uses for common household objects (like rubber bands) do you know of? What do your insides do whenever you approached by a fundraiser packet?
2. OPTIONAL: Earn an extra entry by linking to this giveaway on your blog and/or signing up to follow my blog via RSS or Google Friend Connect (for you non-commenting lurkers…). :) Make sure you leave an additional comment when you do either of these things! If you already follow, you can leave an additional comment saying so!
This giveaway is open to residents of US and Canada only and will end on Wednesday, January 4th. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and will be notified via email and a follow-up post on Friday, January 6th. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the notification and claim their subscription. If they aren't claimed within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen via Random.org. The winner must provide a name and address to which the magazine subscription will be sent.
And that’s all you need to know! Happy (almost) New Year to everyone! :)